Sunday, October 30, 2011

Knee deep in cupcakes

There's a lot of things I've been meaning to do lately. Things like take my old nail polish off, a laundry load of towels and white rags, brush Madeline's teeth, clean out the closet for things that don't fit, and of course, blog.

Since I got back from Florida I have been beyond swamped with knitting orders. Specifically- cupcakes. I took all of my knitted things that I had made for the craft fair that didn't happen and I'm not selling a thing- except cupcake hats. And every time I sit down to do something that's not a cupcake hat, I get this very guilty feeling that reminds me that people are waiting for cupcakes.

It's not that I don't love to make cupcakes. Okay, that's a lie. I'm so over the cupcakes. I had intended to make one or two to use up some of the stash yarn and now people won't stop ordering them. I love having the extra cash on the side, but I have been knitting nothing but these darn baby hats for weeks and I want to knit my things- not to mention get started on Christmas knitting! Plus I'm really not banking that much on cupcakes, they're by far the most expensive and time consuming things I make for sale. But today the most tragically glorious thing happened: I ran out of the "frosting" yarn. And I went to Joann, the only place in town that sells that yarn. And they're out (I bought all they had last week). And so even though there's a giant waiting list for cupcakes, I'm done for a week, or until my online order arrives. Until then, I really hope people look at the dozens of *other* items I have for sale. Please? Buy my blankets? And my ogre hat? I really don't want to bring them back home again.

So what shall I do with my glorious few days off of cupcake insanity? I'll think of something...

No comments: