Sunday, October 21, 2012

Life in the quiet

It's been really quiet around here since we had to put down the Notorious Tubby C.  (That was my cat's rapper-name).  I am keeping busy and am still getting ready for a craft show that is taking place in about 2 weeks.  I have a few blankets made (leftovers from last year) and I've been cranking out some baby hats. I'm hoping to make a few more of these....
My very favorite thing is the set of 2 warshcloths.  I really just wanted them for me and my Someday House but since I made them instead of 3-4 cupcake hats I am going to give them a chance to contribute to the "Paige Hasn't Been Paid in 7 Months" fund, and I'm going to put a ridiculously high price on them.  If they sell, so be it.  If they don't, they're mine!

The eBay destash spree also continues- I'm going to have 10 auctions ending in the next 48 hours.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  I'm selling 9 stashed yarns and 1 alpaca shawl.  I have a really big car maintenance expense coming up and I'd hate to have to choose between the maintenance and Christmas gifts, so I'm destashing and crafting. The reality was that I was never going to get around to knitting those yarns anyway, so I might as well sell them now while I'm not worried about moving and trying to find them a new home then.

And because I get really bored of making baby hats, I took a wee break and cross stitched a funny little thing.  I think she's pretty funny at least.  Here is the end result!  I think she turned out well and there is a similar one I made last year (Domestically Challenged) and I'll be putting them together in a guest bathroom someday.

And lastly, I played with dye!  My mother's Spawn of Satan cat completely destroyed the ball band to this undyed hank of Good For Ewe Sultry Steps, which I was going to sell to a Good For Ewe customer.  So I thought I'd dye it. I think it turned out really well using a couple different blue and red Jaquard acid dyes.  And since I need cash more than I need yarn, I'm listing it.  But this time I'll try it on Etsy.  If you would like a piece of Good For Ewe yarn history...here's your chance!

Knitpurldrop Shop  414 yards fingering weight sock yarn: 40% superwash merino, 40% baby llama, 20% nylon.  Color: Steampunk Cherry.

And that's it for now.  I'm meeting the Good For Ewe accountant bright and early tomorrow and I still have quite a bit of homework to get done beforehand.  Have a splendid week!

No comments: