Thursday, November 15, 2012

Oh What A Week!

I feel like I've been running non-stop all week, and things are finally starting to slow down a bit.

Firstly, Good For Ewe had it's BEST WEEK EVER!  October was not that great, but I'm definitely doing a lot better this month.  Plus I'm starting to get repeat orders, which to me is way cooler than opening an account- it's much easier to get a customer than it is to keep one.   Last week I drove through Ohio stopping at 2 shops, and then stopped at 2 shops in Pittsburgh.  Pittsburgh was big and scary and I got lost about 5 times, but I opened 2 new accounts so it was worth it. I hit up one more shop in Ohio on the way home, which didn't go as well (it's the first time I walked away without an order- it hurt pretty bad).

So this week I've been doing lots of Good For Ewe work and a little bit of gift knitting, but haven't really touched any personal projects.  So my sweater looks like this...
And I really don't think I'll be wearing it on Thanksgiving, especially since my mom's cat peed on it today and it's soaking in wool wash.  Anyone want a free little cheetah cat?  Because it's taking everything I have to not take her out to the farm.

I finished the doily, framed it myself and took it to a wedding.  Let's hope they like it!  I have 5 more to make before Christmas.  Ugh.

I've resumed working on my mother's Mermaid for which she's been asking for over a year.  It's a little scary looking right now, so I'm really hoping that it improves.

I wasn't really sure how to approach knitting a body- it's not something I've ever done before and there weren't any patterns that fit what my mother wanted in her mermaid.  I'm not keeping track of my numbers or anything, but I will share my process in case you're curious.

I started my making a hat from the top down.  (I recently deleted that picture in my phone because the beady eyed head was freaking me out when I looked through my pictures) I just made a long hat and then decreased really quickly (I think I did k2togs around for the whole round) and made the neck a tube.  After a couple inches of that, I began raglan increases and got to working on her shoulders, which I separated and then put on some arms.  I made little mittens for her hands, and I'll stuff them a bit and then go sew in some fingers.

And here she is as of right now...
And some pretty things that aren't knitting related....

Paperwhite Blooms- I bought these bulbs the day Tubby Custard died and they're going to be so beautiful for Thanksgiving.

And my single red rose from Rob- it even came with a little teddy bear.  I really lucked out with Rob- there's hardly a day that I don't have fresh flowers in the kitchen.  (I thought guys only brought you flowers when they forgot your birthday!) And he's the nicest guy in the world too.  Minor details.


No comments: