Thursday, July 2, 2009

All ewe need is love

Once again, I suck at blogging. Since I last wrote, I've spent a week in Ireland, moved back home for the summer, and had sinus surgery and a nosejob. So then I get back to the problem of *I don't want to blog because it's going to take me forever to write everything down and the internet is really slow and takes forever to upload pictures* so I'm just going to show you pictures of my recent knitting, some finished before my last post, and some not. But I had a photo-session with all my knitting stuff and darn it, I'm posting those pictures. Ireland pictures will have to wait.
First things first: I got a little package in the mail from England yesterday! Look who decided to fly to the US to come visit me! (I think he actually came for Baaarbara McFleece). Lucy from Colchester made him for me (Bearium on Ravelry) and sent me a couple little yarnballs for my sock yarn blanket. Thanks Lucy! You are the best! I love Elton!

Secondly: My parents decided to "clean up" the stash room a couple months ago when I was in England, resulting in much confusion (on my part) and the unearthing of like a million partial skeins of acrylic yarn from an era in which I was mass-producing baby hats (I still make baby hats, just not like I was, and I tend to use better materials now). Since I was having a particularly selfless day and was about to need a whole bunch of post-op (and uncomplicated so that I can craft on painkillers and not ruin the wedding shawl) projects, I decided that I would use ALL of that acrylic on Project Linus baby blankets. While my intentions were good, my attention span was not so good, and after four I threw the acrylic in a bag and I'm giving it to Francie tonight, because she's a truly selfless knitter, and I'm not. I crocheted all of them because it uses more yarn and I think holds up a little better in a blanket that's going to be dragged around by small children.
Wedding Shawl: is done! Well- I still need to weave in some ends, but the knitting, beading and blocking is over with, and that's good. Sheree saw it yesterday and seemed to like it, so that's also good. hopefully she'll let me take some decent pictures of it with her wedding dress, and I can post those so it will look a little better.
Bollywood Shawl: is still ugly. I've blocked it, and it's growing on me, but it's still hiding in the deep dark corner of the closet where I may one day unearth it and realize that it's not so bad. But that day is not today.Spoons: is dead. I killed it. I decided to try to "kill" the acrylic, and I think I took it a little too far. The stole was all wild and temperamental before but now it's so lifeless and...flat. Perhaps a turn in the washing machine and the dryer will spruce it up a bit.
Socks: I finally finished the red self-striping Disney socks that made my hands itch like crazy. They're hiding out with the Bollywood Shawl. I also finally got decent pictures of the Earth, Wind and Water socks, so here they are!

I really don't have a lot else to say about my knits. I've got a couple new projects on the needles and I've dug one out of hibernation, but there's no project love like there was with the Aeolian Shawl. I am definitely going to knit more lace, but I've promised myself there are no new cast ons until I've finished 2 (or 3) sweaters, the Pemberley socks, and designed, knit, and published the Sookie Stackhouse socks. We're already on episode 4 of True Blood and I'm still playing around with charts. This isn't good.
Back later- I've got to jump on the treadmill and lose some of the pudge that happened during my 2 weeks of laying around after my surgery.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

yay, he arrived! I'm so pleased that Barbaaara is liking her new boy toy ;x