Monday, June 7, 2010

Mulberry Footprints and Cucumber Flowers

I love summer. Not because of the heat and pools and boating and flip-flops (which are all great of course) but I love the way the plants are just exploding with flowers and if you're lucky, vegetables! So today when I got home from work, I decided to take advantage of the awesomeness of my backyard and make a mulberry pie from the mulberry tree. An hour later (and with a belly full of mulberries) I realized that I needed a few more picking sessions to get enough fruit to make a pie. I also realized that my feet were stained bright purple. Mulberry fail.So after a brief peroxide-soak to avoid purple juices on white carpets, I decided to walk around and weed/water the rest of my plants that I grow for food purposes. I had a couple new baby tomatoes, a couple baby peppers, some crazy mint and basil and lots of cucumber flowers!
I know most of you don't get in to veggies the way that I do, so here's a little knitting content: "Salmon-ella" Shawl, pattern is "Forever Yours" by Sharon Winsauer, yarn is Temptation by Alpaca With A Twist, and this beast needs to be done by Thursday. This might suck a little bit. Garden Frog agrees.

No comments: