Friday, March 1, 2013

The Cupcakes are here!

I continued my finishing spree last night when I hanked some camel handspun off the wheel last night that's been an on-again-off-again project for a few years.  It's one of my more balanced yarns I've ever spun, it's extremely soft and I'm really proud of it.  But I listed it on ebay anyway.  Hey- when your friend has a super expensive destination wedding and your boyfriend is one of the groomsmen, you can't say no.  But yes...handspun camel on sale on ebay! There's a link to the ebay shop (mixed in with all the blogs) if you are curious!
I have also written up my cupcake pattern for those of you interested in making little baby hats for the little sweet ones in your life! I wrote up the pattern for a newborn and for a 1 year old.  If enough people are interested then I may write up patterns for other sizes. So far I've sold 2 copies so it's not having quite the start I had hoped.  But oh well.  If you're curious, here it is! 


**If you go to the etsy shop, you have the option to buy the pattern, buy a cupcake hat that's already made up, or order a custom cupcake where you get to pick your size, "cake" and "frosting" flavors/colors.  


And one other little thing...last Monday I sent out a wedding gift that I had made.  It was one of the doilies with the last names in it in a frame.  Today I got it back- the couple had returned it.  I'm not really sure how to react to this one...have you ever had a hand made gift returned?  What did you do?


1 comment:

Fox said...

Hi! I am a new follower of your blog. I just cannot believe that someone would return such a thoughtful and fabulous gift. I am not sure how I would handle that.