Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Swapping for Happy

It's a good day here in cold, wet and gray Colchester. I made a mental list of some reasons that it is a significantly better day than yesterday.
1. I managed to come up with an extra layer of green to wear today (making that a green long sleeve t-shirt, a green hoodie, and a green hoodie over that. Plus neon green socks- I know, I'm good)
2. I'm on day 4 of wearing nail polish with no chips so far.
3. A bunch of the girls in the flat and I are going out tonight to go to dinner and then see Valkyrie (probably spelled that wrong, apologies to Tom Cruise)
4. We discussed the evolution of birth control in my Feminism class (a favourite topic of mine)

No...those don't seem like good reasons...oh! Could it be that I got my swap buddy's name for my Valentine's Day Single Girl Swap? That must be it! I'll be a good swapper and not publish her Ravname or show/tell you what I'm getting her until I get conformation that she has received it, but I'm going to tell you that IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME! I can't wait. Normally I sulk around and wear black on Valentine's Day, get flowers from a "Secret Admirer" aka my dad and listen to My Chemical Romance as loud as the stereo will go. Not this year. This year I'm getting a swap gift, and it's going to be awesome. And then I'll take myself out for dinner. Boo yah, happy-couple-people!

And lastly, reason for happiness #5, my Noro socks are nearly done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some pretty good reasons for happiness as far as I am concerned! Those noro socks are turning out really awesome!

Anonymous said...

The socks are really neat.. I love the way the heals are different colors. Pretty shades too.

Mom..