Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just...things.

So there's a few exciting things that I'd like to start with...

1. You can now buy my Forget-me-not Shawlette pattern from Patternworks! Woot! I feel like a real designer now (I know I've got a long way to go before I'm a Designer with a capital D, but Patternworks is a start!)

2. I finished my Wasabi Citron and put hundreds of awesome beads on the cast-off edge. I made it one section larger and then beaded the cast-off but those are the only changes I made. Since I've had a couple weeks from hell, there is currently no picture of me without swollen red eyes, a swollen/bruised nose, blue and green acid dye all over me, or really strange hair. So you'll have to wait until I can pull myself together enough to look human for the time it takes to snap a picture. Anyhoo, Wasabi is number 6/10 for 10 Shawls in 2010.
3. I hate this damn chemo cap. The yarn (Berroco Pure Merino or something like that) has had an insane amount of knots in it. When I spend $10 for 98 yards, I have certain expectations of a yarn. Lots of little knots is not in there. Plus the pattern in smarter than I am. Dern you, Ysolda!
4. I started Haruni from Knitty in a yarn from Imbued called Sexy Paige Green. Naturally, I am beading unnecessarily for the sake of bling. I kind of love it. Depending on when it gets finished, it will be shawl #7, #8, or #9. This means that I have no idea what to do for my 10th shawl, and I would love your suggestions!
5. I *almost* finished my rug hooking before I ran out of fabric. I sent my last scrap in to the store where I bought it in hopes that they can match it and hook me up with another few inches so I can finish this and stop holding Laurie's frame hostage.

6. Pretty new handspun. It's 70% merino/30% bamboo from Frog Tree Fibers. 4 oz, just short of 200 yards. I absolutely HATED spinning it and plying it was downright painful. But I took it off the niddy-noddy and fell in love. Isn't she pretty? Her name is "Ravishing".
That's all for now. I'm beat and heading to bed with my Grayby (Gray Baby Madeline). Have a great day!

No comments: