Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Wool has spoken

Ever get yarn that just speaks to you? It's a truly remarkable experience, at least for me. I normally go by the hmm-this-yarn-is-new-and-would-probably-make-a-good-sweater rule when shopping for yarn, but sometimes something just speaks to you and tells you exactly what it wants to be. My snapdragon merino roving from the Kromski store wants to be Mandie's Honeysuckle wrap. I think that's a wonderful idea....I just doubt that there's enough of it to make it's dream come true. It may have to settle for honeysuckle scarf...which would still be loverly. The roving itself is remarkable, from a distance it looks white, but once you get closer you see that is anything but white, it's a beautiful blend of blues, pinks, yellows and oranges. I love it. I wish I'd bought more...but it's just not in the budget right now.I'm going to go jump on the treadmill for an hour or so to work on the love handles....I leave you with Zen and Daffodils.

No comments: