Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Call to Needles

I know this is a long shot, but I'm going to post it here anyway.

A couple weeks ago, one of my good friends and teammates' daughter, Sam, fell out of a 3 story window in Greece on a Study Abroad trip.  My friend Amy and her other daughter, Alli, dropped everything and went to Greece and have been with Sam since then (she had been in a coma).  This morning Sam died.  She was 20 years old.

I'd like to put together a WASHABLE afghan for Amy & Alli.  So this is my Call to Needles:  if you have time to make a 12 x 12 square, please let me know.  I don't have a color scheme going or anything, and I will do all the assembly myself.  But if you would like to contribute a square (or two or three) then I will happily take them.  Please email me at peaceloveyarn@aol.com if you're interested.  Yarn: anything acrylic.  If you don't have any but want to contribute your time, let me know and I'll find a way to get you some yarn.

Please let me know if you can help.  It would mean the world to me, and I'm sure Amy & Alli.

No comments: