Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Borders and Bummers

Last week I was knitting pretty confidently knowing that I had 2 projects to finish before the fair and it was doable.  Mittens and blanket.  No big deal, got it.  Then I made a few squares for Amy's blanket.  Then I got a couple squares from other knitters, and I attached those.  I'm happy to do it, but working on the blanket means that the mittens aren't going to the fair this year.  And that's okay.  I'm still going strong on my blanket and Amy's blanket.

*If you're contributing to Amy's blanket, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

On Sunday I got up early, made around a dozen circles, attached them as quickly as I could and headed to stitch and bitch with a 17 x 19 blanket.  And it's big enough.  I think.  But whatever it is, it's too late to change it. By Sunday night after a couple hours at SnB and True Blood, I had the first round of my border done.

Here it is with no border
And with 1 row of single crochet in white
And with 1 row of half-double crochet (which is not the same things as single crochet) in green
And another row of single crochet in white
And Madeline helping Mommy with the border
And finally, the ROW OF DOOM, these decorative little shell things in white. I like it a lot, but it's taking a while. I'm only halfway through and it's been 2 days.  And I've still got some ends to weave in.
 So I could finish this blanket tonight or tomorrow night and work on the mittens until my hands bleed and maybe get them done, or I could take my time and enjoy the very last row of a blanket I started last summer and actually get some sleep over the next few nights.  I could also start my Olympic Knitting project on time! (and then finish the mittens before they start collecting dust on the coffee-table.  These suckers are going to get done if it kills me). 

In other news, I've made 2 hats out of handspun lately.  These are the projects that live in my purse and get worked on when I'm sitting in a waiting room, standing in a long line, etc.  I'm thinking that the green hat might actually work for the same category as the mittens, killing 2 birds with one stone.  I made it to enter in the "knitting with handspun" competition but last week I was going through my tags and attaching them to the right projects, only to realize that I didn't actually enter the "knitting with handspun" category this year.  Derp.

So here are my 2 handspun berets, green is blocked, colorbarf is not.  I'm not a hat person at all, but I'm going to wear each of them at least once.  So there.

1 comment:

Jessica (indytricoter) said...

The stash Monster looks AWESOME!!! can't wait to see the finished product!!! You are sure to do well at the fair with that!