Monday, April 14, 2008

This cardi is too big- I mean Happy Mother's Day!

Last night during Comedy Central's Night of too many Stars I pieced together parts of the Coconut Creme Cardi to the point that it became a Coconut Creme Vest. Sleeves are almost done. I also knitted the button band (with buttonhole that turned out the right size!) but haven't put on buttons. Why? Because the cardi to too damn big. I way underestimated how big blocking to open up the lace would make it, but you know what? That's okay. It should fit my mom. And she actually wears cardigans, unlike me. So I called her up and told her that she would be getting it and she seemed more excited about it than I ever would be about wearing a cardi.

How is it that the coolest things I make always end up going to my mother?

No comments: