Wednesday, January 11, 2012

cough. cough.

The trouble with colds is that you never really remember how awful they can be. I'm like, hey- I might be catching a cold. How inconvenient to have sniffles for a few days.

And then you catch that cold, and you walk- scratch that- shuffle around in pink fleecy pajama pants making sounds like a pug while you consider giving up 10 years of vegetarianism for a bowl of chicken noodle soup (In case you were wondering, I did pick the chicken bits out and gave them to the cat- she was pleased. I know this is being a very BAD vegetarian, but when I'm sick I really don't care.)

Since my cold is gross, I'll talk about my crafty things.

1. I bought a new dress. There is some assembly required.
2. Yes- I'm aware that making a couple stockings last month does not make me a seamstress. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

3. I still have a buttload of flowers to make for work, all by next Wednesday. I'll get there. Here's what I have so far. I'll try to crank out a couple more today between naps while watching Jane Austen costume dramas. Lizzie Bennett makes everything better.
4. I also need to have signicantly more of this scarf done by next Wednesday. I know it's technically "ok" if I don't finish it and we can use the unfinished one as part of a display, but it will still feel like a gigantic failure to me.
5. I have this new white tea with rose petals in it that makes me feel like a princess when I drink it. I tried opening my windows and whistling in hopes that the animals from the woods would come in and help me clean my house for book club tomorrow, but that didn't happen. Perhaps I'll try a different tune.

6. I finished my super fun and super fast crochet doily and it now lives on my nightstand. As you can see, I had loads of help blocking it.
That's it for today- I'm just knitting furiously to get these flowers and the scarf done so I can get back to selfish knitting, embroidery, (and sewing- squee!). Stay tuned for a tutorial on how to crochet mums!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Ugh. I am just getting over a cold, and it was miserable. I was so stuffed up that I felt claustrophobic. Hopefully, you'll feel lots better very soon!