Saturday, January 21, 2012

Procraftinating

There are several things I meant to do or still need to do today. I meant to go to Zumba at 9:45 this morning, which meant that I needed to be out the door by 9:15 at the very latest, which meant that I had to be outside shoveling snow at 7 am Saturday morning. Sorry Zumba, maybe next week.

And now it's 4:30 in the afternoon and I still haven't made much progress, save for a nap, a foot or so on a scarf, a slightly cleaner kitchen, a couple hours of audiobook and a completed border. You see readers, I'm procraftinating. I've also been procraftinating with a couple projects I can't show on the blog because they are for people who may check in by the time I finish the project and get it to them. I've also been procraftinating with my cross-stitching and have finished border number 3 and realized that since there's an extra stitch length-wise and an extra stitch width-wise, my wonderful checkerboard pattern isn't going to work at all and I need to come up with something else in its place. So then I started working on a different project that I haven't touched in 6 months to avoid sitting down with graph paper and coming up with a new border. It's a vicious cycle.

So at this point you may be asking yourself what I'm avoiding.

1. Snow shoveling. It sucks, I hate doing it. But I've decided that if I listen to Shakira while I'm doing it, it counts as Zumba.
2. Mr. Alabama. I went on a date a few weeks ago (January 6th to be exact) and I thought it went really well. He seemed to think I was witty, I thought he was very nice, I didn't overdo the martinis, he likes animals and didn't seem to be overly bothered with my being a vegetarian. We emailed back and forth a lot before the date and a couple times after the date and since I thought it went well (and he told the mutual friend that set us up that it went well) and I was pretty sure he'd call me. But it's been quiet. I've stopped jumping and running to the phone every time there's a text or new e-mail, but I'm quite disappointed that nothing happened past that. Following a friend's advice (if he wants to date you, he will find a way to date you) I haven't contacted him except a quick email to say thanks for the drinks/had a great time/how was your trip to Chicago you were telling me about...and I'm just not sure what to think.

I know he's recently divorced, and I'm a runaway bride so that's not a great start. Did he think that I wasn't interested? So I've decided to call him. Or email him. Or just contact him in a non-dramatic way and say that I'd be up for another round of drinks or perhaps a sober activity if he's still interested. I think we're past the point of me sounding desperate/clingy since it's been a couple weeks. Maybe it's the Valentine's Day decorations getting to me.

But I think I'll finish a few more projects first.

No, I'm not afraid of rejection- why would ask that? :p

Here's a few pictures of my weapons of procraftination.

Border #3- done!
Scarf I haven't worked on since last June
This is one of those projects that I can't show you yet. But I get to be a Lantern Moon snob and use my Lantern Moon circs and my Lantern Moon sheepy bag all in one project!


No comments: