Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Flashin' my stash

So it's that time of the year again, the corn is taller than I am, the cat starts shedding more than normal, college kids start packing up to head back to school (for the last time, for me! hurrah!) and I start checking my stash to see what I need (and really don't need) before the Indiana State Fair.

For those of you who have never seen the hillbilly side of me, rest assured- I have one. I've been to the fairgrounds twice in the past few weeks dropping things off to be judged. This year I'm entering two photographs, Sheree's wedding shawl, the Lizard Ridge, and a skein of handspun, which is not on Ravelry as it is at the fairgrounds. It was certainly need a Shakespearian name when it gets back though, and I'm thinking Juliet because I love it so.

Back to the stash. Where they show the sheep (most creatively called "the sheep barn") they have a little store off to the side where you can buy all sorts of sheepy products, like soaps made from sheep's milk and hand knitted things and now, roving. I tend to go a little overboard with the roving every year and end up hauling a garbage bag full of wool around the fair on a 95-degree August day. So this year I brought out the stash of fiber and spread it all out just so I know what I don't need to buy.
Apparently, I don't need to buy anything. But stay tuned for what I buy anyway.

No comments: