Wednesday, August 26, 2009

There's a Wandering Jew in my room!

So if you are one of the people that keep up with me on facebook, you already know that I'm back at Purdue, moved in and on day two of classes. So far I have a scary Black Lit. teacher, an English Lit teacher who thinks he's Ryan Seacrest, a French teacher from Ghana who has already assigned a TON of homework, and a really awesome horticulture teacher. And a new plant that I have to take care of this semester. The plant is called a "Wandering Jew" but in order to be more politically correct (as if it's ever bothered me before) I'm going to rename it to Sparkleplant, because it's green and purple and kind of sparkly. The sparkles didn't show up very well in the pictures, but its a very pretty plant, and I've already promised clippings to a few people when it grows up and I won't get points taken off for snippets. (Ipod included for scale. Plus the plant is a rock star)

So that's about it. I've started a new hoodie in hopes of getting the mojo back (so far so good!) and a green hat for Ben friend whose birthday is on the 28th. That's all on the knitting front. I need to go to Wallyworld for plant foods now- back later!

2 comments:

paisley penguin said...

I love wandering Jews! They are great plants. Good luck with your classes! So jealous - I wish I could be in school right now!

laurie said...

Dear Sparkleplant please grow up and have lot of children. And don't drink to much plant food, excess can be bad for you. Even if you do live in a college town.