Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Second Opinions Needed!

Hey there wonderful readers!

I know I said I would resist personal projects (especially new personal projects) until this craft fair is over with....but I haven't had the best day and I had a weak moment and suddenly I have the start of a new triangular shawl.

But I'm not sure about it. The yarn is part of my dwindling English stash, and I've been saving this yarn in particular for something stunning. So far everything I've started with it hasn't even come close to meeting my expectations. So in this previously mentioned
weak moment, I began crocheting (gasp!) "Elise"- that's the pattern should you feel inclined to look it up.

But I'm not in love with it. I'm not sure if I don't like the pattern, I'm not sure if my hook is too small, I'm not sure if the colors are clashing with the pattern, I'm not sure if it's just wonky because it's unblocked....and I'm not sure if it's all in my head since I've put this particular sock yarn on a ridiculously high pedestal.
What do you think? I'm stumped on this one.

2 comments:

Critterknit said...

Hmm - I vote for the yarn color variegation fighting with the pattern.

Could be a little bit of hook size as well, but I think it's mostly the coloring. (Then again, I don't crochet much - only as needed for knit projects, so take that for what it's worth.)

Pretty yarn & pretty pattern, though!

Unknown said...

I say go a little farther and see how it looks. If it still isnt a thing of love after about 10 more rows... Frog it!