Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pearls not Purls

Hey all!

Guess what I finally did today! I put my pearls from China on some wire and can actually wear them now! That only took....5 months. I love how they turned out though: Here's a goofy pic of me wearing my pearls and not nearly enough eye make-up.

So...Janet and I took a road trip (my definition of road trip is visiting a place you don't normally visit and taking more than 20 minutes to get there by the way) to Zionsville to check out the new yarn store and chill with Peg.

The Village Yarn Shop...is awesome! Their Cascade was a full dollar less than most stores, and I happen to use alot of Cascade 220, so this made me very happy. They had a TON of colors too. I picked out my next sweater's worth of yarn and a new skien of Dream in Color Smooshy, which although I haven't even knitted with it, I am in love with it. I would marry it if it were human and had a trust fund.

Village had a ton of other yarn too...I must have spent an hour petting it all. It was super organized too, no yarn falling out of cubby holes, no digging for that last skien...I dig it.

Here's the obligatory stash addition photo:

Enjoy, and if you are knitting in the Indy area, you really need to go! It's so nice!
Dream in Color: (In a Leonardo DiCaprio Voice) I'm the King of the World!

No comments: