Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stonehenge

So my blog is acting up a bit at the moment, so you'll be getting 1 big post in 3 separate posts, starting with this one, going then to Bath, and then lastly, some actual knitting content. If you have any questions about anything during the next 3 posts, please leave a comment and I will get back to you with the best answer I can come up with.

So: 6:30 am, met the Essex travel club in the square. No pictures, there are no good pictures of anything at that ungodly hour.

10:30- Arrived at Stonehenge, took 92 pictures, deleted about half on the trip to Bath. Here are a few of the better ones. 10:31, realized that there wasn't anymore- it's alot smaller than you think it's going to be. We took the tour, which was basically 45 minutes of a historian saying "we don't know anything about Stonehenge". Okay...I could have given that tour! That being said, it was really an enjoyable experience- I'm so glad I went! The weather was absolutely perfect- which doesn't happen very often here. It's just amazing to think how people could built such a thing- they think the rocks came from Wales- nearly 300 miles away) and all without modern technology. Amazing. That's all I got.

Have any of you guys seen Stonehenge? What did you think about it? I just don't know what to say- it's a strange experience.

2 comments:

paisley penguin said...

I've never been to Stonehenge in England but we do have a replica here in Washington state. It's on the Columbia River in SW WA. I have not been there in years. Can't wait to go to the real thing.

laurie said...

my feelings of stonehenge it's out in the middle of nowhere, very impressive big rocks, funny to have a sovernier shop in this middle of nowhere and yes it's very mysterious. size kinda like the alamo---things are smaller in real life--hehe