Wednesday, January 12, 2011

finishing

This week has been good: I've finished two projects so far, bought a new pair of shoes for salsa dancing, had a pedi with my mom and tonight I treated myself to a massage! (Don't you love gift certificates?) I think it's about time to touch up my roots too- so I might need to take my freshly-groomed self out on the town this weekend after I gets my Nice and Easy color 111 on.

But you're not reading a knitting blog to read about my sparkly pink toenails and how I can move my shoulders after having the knot beaten out of them for an hour. (My masseuse must think I'm the angriest person in the world- she's always curious as to how those knots got that big in the first place) But yes...finished projects.

I finished my Snuggle animal bed and will add it to the pile of Snuggles to take to the humane society. I just need to be in the right mood. If I had gone today to drop it off, I would have probably come home with a Pit-mix and a one-eyed cat with diabetes because I'm a sucker for animals like that. So I'll get the Snuggles to the humane society...eventually. Or tell someone else to do it for me.
In bigger news: I finished a filet-crochet doily for my neighbor lady! She's super-nice to me and my kitties and I figured that nothing said "thanks" better than her last name in lace. Well, for her at least. I was so relieved when she confirmed that I got the spelling right- I kept thinking that a 7-letter last name surely required more than one vowel.

That's it for today. I'm hoping to finish a cross-stitching project still before my Saturday cast on for the Pi shawl, but we'll see...cross-stitching always takes a lot longer than you think it will.

No comments: