Saturday, January 22, 2011

the weekend of done

I have decided to devote this weekend to finishing things. I'm still waiting on my knit-along partner to get her needles in the mail to start our Pi shawl (I'm a little relieved, I would love to finish a couple more things before we start). Last night I finished the first of my crazy-pants awesome-socks and the last Harry Potter book. I read it when it came out about 5 years ago, and then saw the movie last month with my dad. He kept asking why this was a certain way and why this person couldn't do that...and I didn't have the answers. So I went back and re-read it so I'm ready for the second half of the movie to come out...whenever that happens.

I'm a little hesitant to knit the second crazy-pants awesome-sock because my yarn cake is surprisingly small after finishing the first sock. Plus that whole second sock syndrome thing. I am going to take a little break though and finish a scarf and another pair of socks before I get back to the second sock, so that should help.
I've also got some serious sanding to do this weekend. Here are some of my unfinished resin projects that I would love to finish and post on my etsy shop this weekend. The buttons just need sanded down on the edges and holes drilled, but the itty bitty sock blockers need sanded (a lot) refinished on the dull side (3 days of curing) drilled and filled with the appropriate hardware to turn them in to keychains. Unless these things really take off, the itty bitty sock blocker phase could be short-lived. I do think they're super-cute though and would love to try to take them to a fiber festival someday, but that day is not today so I'll get there when I get there.
And I'm going to try to deliver the not-prayer shawl to my Aunt Cathy, since it's been finished and clean since the night of the funeral but still undelivered because I'm a terrible person and she lives clear on the other side of town. But today is errand and finishing day, so I'm doing it. And then I'll clean my kitchen. And then my hottie Chiropractor's scarf is going down next.

No comments: