Monday, August 11, 2008

1 crisis averted, 1 still not

SO...I have solved one of my biggest problems today- the lack of Red Rowan Felted Tweed to finish my sweater. I got on E-bay (my arch nemesis) and bid on 5 skiens of felted tweed for $8 a piece- the average price is $10. So I was pretty pleased with myself. Won the yarn and found out- oh snap. This is coming from England. I can't pay that much in shipping for that yarn! Then after another look- crisis averted. Free shipping to the US....from England. I'm not complaining- as long as it gets here before September 20th.

Another problem just popped up the other day...my study abroad advisor never sent in my course list to Essex...and whatdoyahknow- I'm not signed up for any classes. Spent all day on the phone with a different advisor at Purdue and told her which Purdue classes I still needed and she said she would find the Essex equivalents. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, I could graduate from Essex in one year/three trimesters.

That would be kinda cool. So until she sends that list, I can only wait. And knit. And I totally turned the heel on the first sock today. Oh yeah....

No comments: